One of my most adored exercises this mid year was this granny square packaging shrug, (while I didn’t get around to clarifying it at the time, I presented a pic on Instagram). I had expected to influence one for quite a while yet wasn’t to precisely certain where to start until the point that the moment that I saw this version.
My square evaluated around 105cm over, and I used two strands of plötulopi (unspun Icelandic downy) sewed together with a 7mm catch, which gave it a thick yet light surface with a not too bad wrap. I similarly finished one round of twofold weave as the last round of my granny square.
Next, I crumpled it down the center and joined the short sides from the base edge to the “armhole” (leave a space before the cover) on either side (I used a sc join).
For the neck area, I started at one of the joined corners and included five rounds of dc the separation around, turning on each round to keep up a vital separation from a plainly obvious “wrong” side when it’s flipped over. To make “sleeves” (more like sleeves, genuinely), I finished three rounds of substituting dc and front post dc lines around the armhole openings.
I inside and out took pleasure in making this, and I really need to try making an interpretation that falls more like a cardigan, like this brilliant piece by Jo Storie. Then, I’m really content with this one, and envision wearing it now that fall has arrived!